Renovation Insurance: Do I Need It?

a home extension under construction
(Image credit: getty images)

Renovation insurance might seem like an extra you can do without if you have standard home insurance, but did you know that any works undertaken as part of a renovation project may not be covered by your existing policy?

Most homeowners carrying out work to their existing property incorrectly assume that any works will automatically be covered under their existing policies, risking being left in dire straights should the worst happen. 

David Snell

David is one of the UK's leading self build and plotfinding experts, and a serial self builder who has been building homes for 50 years. The author of Building Your Own Home, David spent decades as a speaker and expert at self build exhibitions such as the Homebuilding & Renovating Show. He has recently finished his fourteenth self build project.