Stylish, atmospheric and efficient to run, woodburning stoves are a popular heat source for modern living spaces. When it comes to choosing a woodburning stove, your decision will also be based on how the stove looks. So, we have put together a list of the latest stoves on offer.
Features to look out for:
- Cleanburn: Stoves with this labelling function in a way that burns the gases given off in the first burn, stopping them from escaping the flue or sooting up the glass screen
- Airwash: Air is blown over the glass screen to prevent combustion gases from creating soot here
- Opti-burn: Stovax offers this function which balances the heat output and the airwash function for a more efficient burn
- Autopilot: Some stoves will self-regulate the air intake for maximum efficiency meaning you can sit back and relax rather than manually adjusting it
- Ecodesign Ready label: This shows that the stove meets new efficiency and emissions limits for woodburning stoves that are due to come into force in 2022