Please advise who could give independent advice on planting next to an external wall where there is a cellar below. Do I need a gardener, builder, or damp specialist?

  • Lindsey profile picture
    Lindsey Davis

    Hi Ellie,

    This sounds like one for a gardener. From a structural point of view, you don’t want anything with roots which could affect the foundations. You also need to make sure the water uptake of the plant doesn’t impact on the stability of the soil.

    Best to consult a specialist at your garden centre as they generally should be able to advise on the kinds of plants people do use in these places.


  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in