Has anyone built a house with polystyrene blocks you fill with concrete and if so what size and what costs? Also is the planning permission hard to get?

  • Tim Pullen

    The polystyrene blocks are called Insulated Concrete Forms – or ICF. If you Google that you will get a lot of suppliers. Cost will vary with the supplier but overall it is broadly the same price as any other construction method.

    It will have no affect on planning as that considers the look of the house rather than how it is built. The cladding to the ICF will be an issue – but no more so than for any other method.

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in