We have recently completed a major extension/renovation on a property that had been empty for 2 years prior to our purchase in Nov 2011. We had a builder to supply labour and materials although some of the materials, fixtures and fitting we purchased ourselves. Could you please advise how we can reclaim the VAT back on the items we purchased under the reduced VAT scheme 708. We have the Planning consent document along with the Building Regs Cert, empty property evidence and all receipts for items purchased. I had looked at the HMRC website but could not find the relevant form to complete.
The builder did not pay over any VAT from the contract amount we paid him and went into receivership in Feb 2013.

  • Patrick Thomson

    I too have added considerable insulation to my property and would like to have a definitive statement as to how to go about this ‘reclaim ?

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in