I want to use my house to take in 4 children in care they will have a 24 hour supervisor on th premises which will be spilt into shifts .
i will nit be living in the premises
Do u need planning permission

  • Nigel Lewis

    The information on the planning portal suggests that your proposal does change the main class of your property which will remain as a dwellinghouse class C3 albeit used by upto six people living together as a single household and receiving care. It suggests that an application is not necessary. Please see C3(a) and C3(b) http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/changeofuse/

    I would recommend that before proceeding you confirm this with your local planning office in writing. It would also be wise to discuss the idea with your local Building Control office to ascertain whether you would require Building Regulation consent.

  • Nigel Lewis

    Sorry Joanne, that should have read "does not change the main class".

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in