I’m new to the UK and am going to buy a home to renovate, mostly cosmetic. I’ve done this sort of thing before in Australia but not in the UK and am unsure about the legal aspect of things. Naturally I would’nt touch anything electrical as I’m not an electrician. As an unqualified builder what else should I stay away from?


  • Anonymous

    Any significant building work would require building regulations consent, which would be achieved through your local council – contact the Building Control department in the first instance. You can find out which individual tasks require building regulations consent by checking out the Planning Portal website. In theory, all work can be carried out yourself, but so far only Electrics and and work around gas or oil heating would require special licenses/specific approval.

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in