Can you help me? I purchased a steading to develope for two of my daughters. There are three dwellings in total. I have converted one (to help fund the daughters homes) and have concluded the missives. However I am now being told by the buyer that he can not get a mortgage on the property because it does not have a 10yr structural warranty or Architects Certs (although it has been surveyed as mortgagable). He is stating that new legislation came into effect in April and that all new homes or conversions now need a structural warranty. Is this correct? In the past a Completion Certificate issued by the local authority was all that was need (I have converted one before for my oldest daughter)

If it is correct, and I am 90% complete with the build, what are my options? Or what is my buyers options?

The development is in Aberdeenshire

Many Thanks

  • Vince Holden - Construction Project Manager Holden

    Good afternoon Jacqui,
    Not sure about the legislation side of it but its now almost imperative to have one (warranty) on a new build.
    A few structural warranty providers offer retrospective policies for people in your position.
    LABC (part of Premier) would be a good place to start.

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in