Can we knock through next door and take a bedroom from next door if my husband owns one and me, his wife, owns the other?

  • AB Architectural Design Ltd

    I’m sure you can. However you WILL need planning permission to convert the two houses into one (Which is what it sounds like you’re doing) I can’t imagine that the council will let you just take a single bedroom from the house next door without good cause.
    Also since you will be going through a dividing wall which is sure to be load bearing you will need a Structural engineer to specify the correct lintel required. I would highly suggest that you employ an architectural designer to get the necessary permissions etc. as this project could be more complicated than at first glance.

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in