Do I Need Insurance?
Building or renovating your own home is the single biggest investment in your life. To enter a project without sufficient insurance is madness – but many people do, and often unwittingly – did you know, for instance, that your existing policy may not cover any works undertaken as part of a renovation or extension project?
This risks your entire investment and leaves homeowners in desperate situations. To help homebuilders and renovators find it easier to secure peace of mind, Homebuilding & Renovating has partnered with leading insurance specialist Self Build Zone to provide bespoke solutions at market-leading rates for its readers.
How Much Does it Cost?
Prices will vary, but expect to pay between 0.5 and 1 per cent of the overall build cost. A self build policy doesn’t cover personal possessions, but can be converted to a household policy upon project completion.
- Homebuilding & Renovating Self Build Insurance provided by Self Build Zone
- Homebuilding & Renovating Contractor & Tradesman Insurance provided by Self Build Zone
- Homebuilding & Renovating Extension & Renovation Insurance provided by Self Build Zone
- Period Living Specialist Home Insurance provided by Sennocke
Self Build Policies
Self build projects carry a very particular set of risks. Make sure you are properly insured for the duration of your project.
Renovation and Extension Policies
If you are extending or renovating your home, you might not know that your standard policy is not sufficient. Get peace of mind for your project with specialist cover.
Contractor & Trademan Insurance or Period Living Specialist Home Insurance
To find out more, call Self Build Zone on 0345 230 9872 or for Period Living Specialist Home Insurance, call Sennocke on 0345 230 1515
- Read more about policies for self build and renovation projects