Hi – we have steps leading to a brick wall at the front of the house with a fairly rubbish porch to the side of the house, which doesn’t do the property justice. Just wondered about the structural implications and potential cost to carry this out.

Slides 1 and 4 outline idea. Hall would be quite narrow, not sure if there are any probs re regs for this.


  • Lindsey Davis

    It is best to consult a structural engineer in cases like this. Any sort of structural alteration also requires a Building Regulations application, so Building Control will have to be involved and will recommend any other measures you need to take for the hallway.


  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in