I am planning to extend a small house considerably using mainly permitted development rights. The only permission we require is for 5 x 6metres second storey portion of the proposed build. If I obtain a certificate of lawfulness for the remainder prior to applying for permission can the planning authority remove the existing certificate of lawfulness as a condition of planning permission. I know they can remove development rights as a condition of pp.

  • Mark Brinkley

    Normally LDC (Lawful Development Certificates) come with a rider saying that they only stand as long as there is no change in materials circumstances. Building a two storey extension would probably count as such.

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in