Hi all,

I would like to get the community’s advice on building as a sole trader vs under a limited company.

I own a plot of land where I would like to develop a block of flats before selling. I have sought advice from an accountant and financially the best way to do this would be as a sole trader.

My concern lies with the liability I would have to take on during the build, including public and site liability. Can I adequately insure myself against any potential issues both during the build and post?
Also, are there any other issues which I should be aware of when doing this as a sole trader as opposed to under a limited company?


  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in