Fire in four-storey home caused by underfloor heating system, says fire brigade

A four-storey terraced house
The terraced home caught fire in the morning but no injuries were reported (Image credit: Google Earth)

A fire in a four storey home was caused by an electrical fault in an electric underfloor heating system in London, according to the London Fire Brigade.

The fire in Primrose Hill, Camden Town, was dealt with quickly by over 25 firefighters and no injuries were reported. Four fire engines and 25 firefighters were called to the fire in an apartment on Rothwell Street.

Joseph Mullane
News Editor

News Editor Joseph has previously written for Today’s Media and Chambers & Partners, focusing on news for conveyancers and industry professionals.  Joseph has just started his own self build project, building his own home on his family’s farm with planning permission for a timber frame, three-bedroom house in a one-acre field. The foundation work has already begun and he hopes to have the home built in the next year. Prior to this he renovated his family's home as well as doing several DIY projects, including installing a shower, building sheds, and livestock fences and shelters for the farm’s animals. Outside of homebuilding, Joseph loves rugby and has written for Rugby World, the world’s largest rugby magazine.