We are thinking about buying an old stone cottage in yorkshire. However it does have damp and the damp report we have had done on the house is recommending a damp treatment.

However from reading around the subject of damp in old buildings I’m hesitant as to whether this is the right thing? A lot of what I’ve read is that this is the worst thing to do, and that the house should be restored to traditional finishes. I’m not sure if we should just avoid it altogether or if we should get a local heritage builder to go over and take a look instead, and is there a list of approved builders I should refer to?

Can you help to advise me on what’s best?

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in