There is a flat roofed single brick 1980s side extension attached to a 1960s bungalow I am purchasing, which is currently used as a large utility room and large store. It has a window and half-glass door each end, which covers the light and exit issues, but not a door directly into the rest of the house. Building regs requirements are already organised but do I need planning consent of any form as well, or can I just get on with it. I want to change the store and utility room to two bedrooms and a bathroom.