I am iin the process of buying a bungalow for refurbishment but the search has uncovered an agreement dated 1955 between the original builder and the council that states if the adjoining land is developed then the road will need to be widened. The owner (of the bungalow) will be responsible for moving back the existing front garden wall and rebuilding it and paying for the road works.

It has not been done in nearly 60 years but its not something I want hanging over me or any future purchaser.

Does anybody have any idea of the cost of turning approx 25m x 4m of garden into a road. It is a narrow lane with no footpath or kerb so it would be a base and surfacing largely?

Is it possible to insure against it happening?

Any info or pointers appreciated


  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in