We want to built an extension to our double block rendered house.
It will be a timberframe extension with a block outside wall which will but up against the existing house.
Does the render need to be chipped away or can the blocks be built up against the render and the gaps filled with cement? The builder will probably use wall plates to attach the blockwork so presumably these will be hard to attach without chipping away the render? Thank you!

  • Alasdair Macmillan

    You’ll need to cut away the render where the new wall meets the existing – cut two vertical Stihl saw lines, then hack it off. Simple. Then use a wall starter kit such as Catnic Stronghold.

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in