Hi, I am doing up an old property in the Peak District. It has been unoccupied for about 7 years. I have had a look atVAT notices 708 and 431 C. But I have read somewhere in your magazine that I need to contact the town hall to have the unoccupancy confirmed. Could you tell me which dept. that I need to get this verification and also will they provide me a document ? Will I be able to still claim back VAT on materilals that I have already bought for the house?

Kind regards,

  • Kathy Tisdale

    Suggest you contact the Domestic Rating Office at you local council offices as your irst point of contact.

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in