We are looking at extending and re-modelling our current property and are happy with the general design, however as the house was built in the 1960s the front elevation is built in a dated pinkish Fyfestone (concrete blocks to resemble stone).

Just wondering what our options are for getting rid of this or covering it. The stone is fairly rough so rendering isn’t an option at the moment as the stone protrudes around 40mm in some places. Does anyone know if it is possible to cut the protrusions back using a stihl saw and then rendering over a flatter surface? Or any other options for updating the front elevation?

  • Barry Corkindale

    What did you end up doing. I have a similar situation.

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in