HI ,
I’m just putting in drainage under the floor slab for Soil vent pipe but I also need to put in pipe for kitchen Island.
What size pipe do I need to put in.
Does it need a trap or will sink trap be sufficient
Can I just put in 110 mm Pipe in floor direct to an IC with a plug adapter to take 40mm pipe from
Any advise would be appreciated.

  • Tony Taylor


    110mm pipe in the floor would be ideal, fit an adaptor at floor level and use 40mm pipe from then on, standard trap on the sink should be fine.

    If the sink is large or there is a large flow of water envisaged, increase the sink pipe size to 50mm.

    Hope that helps.


  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in