I have just bought a house and while renovating it, i have uncovered an RSJ and found that one of the ends of the RSJ has a wooden chock in it, which is in between a brick and the RSJ. The house is about 60 years old and the chock looks as though it has been there for a long time.

I am not sure whether to leave it as it is or to put some props up and replace it with engineer bricks. I tend to think that if it has been there for such a long time, if i move it and disturb the RSJ it could cause cracks in the plaster up above, but i am also concerned that in time the wood could disintegrate and cause damage. Any advice would be welcome

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in