Hi Homebuilding!
I have a fence at the bottom of my garden, 9m long and 1.75m high, abutting a public highway, with about a 45cm verge between the fence and the road. The verge is just muddy with weeds growing up against the fence. It is not a designated path or right of way. The fence forms the bottom end of a cul-de-sac, with the road running perpendicular, directly away from the fence, with houses on each side.
I wish to add the gate to grant me access to the end of my garden from this road, with the intention of later selling the end of my garden off as a development plot.
My question is, do I need planning permission to install a gate, wide enough for vehicle access?
Thank you in advance for your advice!

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in