I’m buying a house and would like to erect a pull up bar style piece of equipment to use for exercise. It would comprise 2 x 14ft poles, 4ft below ground and 10ft above from which, only when in use, would I suspend Olympic rings to exercise on. The poles would be joined at the top by a 7ft long bar. This would be within 2 meters of the garden boundary and there would be no raised platform nor would I sit on top of the bar at any point. Do I require planning permission for this?


  • Peter Eade

    If you are intending to put up your equipment at the rear of the house you should be okay. Why not ask your local planning officer, but I’m sure you’ll find there should not be any problems…

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in