I live in a house known as a “Unity” house with a steel frame and masonry block walls inside and a type of concrete face block on the outside. As far as I know this outside wall has no real structural affect on the house.

It is a semi-detached house and on the front and back corners there is a crack running top to bottom inside the corner block. These corners have a single block approx. 28 x 28 cm whereas the main front, back and side walls have blocks that are 90 cm wide and 28 cm high. It looks like these corners are leaning out slightly from the house and I feel like I just want to “push” them back into position. I guess they need some sort of bracing but I’m not sure what. Any advice most gratefully received.

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in