I am having a new mobile home built and sited in my daughters land. It is a complete build, ie:- with kitchen/bathroom. Can I claim back the VAT as a new build?

  • Adam


    I believe that it is only permanent installations that qualify for VAT relief in construction (new build) terms. That said I am not an expert in such matters. My last self build was over five years ago and things change!

    HMRC do useful documents online which can be referenced to see what does and does not qualify. If you cannot find what you seek online then a brief chat with an accountant who specialises in self build should be able to clear up the matter quite quickly. Try;


    Good luck

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in