I need to calculate the individual room heat loss of our relatively low loss 2-year old house heated by an Air Source Heat Pump so that I can apply for the new Renewable Heat Incentive payments for ASHPs.

Unfortunately the company who designed the Underfloor heating system (Ice Heating in Sterling) went into liquidation when the property was being built, otherwise I could ask them for the figures. I do have the SAP report from our architect and hence have the U values for all the materials used.

Can anyone ‘point’ me to a web site / page that has a working example of how to do it, or (even better!) give me a link to an Excel spreadsheet where I can enter the area of the walls, doors, windows, etc and calculate the loss for each room.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.



  • Vince Holden - Construction Project Manager Holden

    Good afternoon Howard,
    I would normally expect to pay £200-300 for a heat loss calc and its extremely involved.
    I use a company called Expert Energy -www.expertenergy.co.uk

  • Post a comment
    You must be logged in to comment. Log in